Monday, July 13, 2009

Palo Duro Canyon

We made it to Amarillo and back. We've been back for a while and I still haven't had a chance to go through all of our pictures. I pulled a few to post on the blog for a quick update. These are all SOOC shots, but I like them just as they are...as natural as the land we were on.




Our visit to the canyon occurred on the last day of our stay in TX, so we only had a few hours to run around before heading over to my Aunt & Uncle's in OK for the evening. The kids could have stayed there all week, I'm sure. Ayden spotted a turkey, Levi had his eye on a bright green lizard not long after he had spied one screaming across the road in front of us, and we all had the chance to view some bugs we're not used to seeing. From the information we received, there is a variety of wildlife, spiders, and poisonous snakes present in the canyon. I followed the kids with the camera so I could soak in the sights (probably to no surprise) and we left just as a storm rolled in. You can see the clouds building in the pictures. A thunderstorm in the canyon would have been a great experience as it sure wasn't a treat to drive in. Ask Levi!



No comments: