Saturday, December 15, 2007

Week from (not heaven)...

We anticipated the arrival of a dandy ice storm during Levi's travels this past week. Levi left for Memphis Monday before the storm hit. We had ice on Tuesday, which accumulated terribly. We were fortunate that it warmed up enough that when the rain fell on Tues afternoon, we could remove a lot of it from vehicles, etc before it re-froze. School was cancelled both Tues & Wed. I think I was more anxious about the fact that I would have to take care of everyone by myself if we lost power (and thankfully we didn't). I didn't know where we'd go and I'm a wimp when it comes to heat. I did save myself one of these...just in case. I picked it up thinking it was a microwavable hot chocolate. Instead, it heats itself! I just might have to store some in the car for emergencies.
Approaching Christmas deadlines had me frazzled as well. I wanted client orders to be complete, personal shopping to be done, and I didn't know how I would be able to accomplish all of that since I have some important tasks to finish up at my "day job". I am so relieved that the weekend is not over and I am nearly caught up. Whew!

This picture was taken on Thursday - after the storm blew through, but before things started to melt away. *Note: I had enough brains to park my car under the wide open sky that day. Ice chunks were falling everywhere from the trees and buildings. Anyway, can you guess what this is? After reading my post, it should be obvious that it's ice, but I'm looking for what the ice accumulated on. It amazed me.

Here's a random shot I took of Ayvarie (on the 4th or 8th of this month) in front of her new mirror that Levi hung in her bedroom. She is all excited now that she can watch herself dance.

And this is a picture of my most recent model. She doesn't require much compensation, and it doesn't seem to me that she'll be needed in another part of the country anytime soon. So, I'll get to set up more sessions with her when I have time. I might have to get her to a hairstylist, though...the ends look like they need a bit of trimming.

I'm off to bed after a day of finishing up my Christmas shopping - and an overnight of wrapping and finishing up my Christmas card last night. I hope to have them out by the middle of next week. Nothing like last-minute!

No comments: