Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The pink eye.

Levi phoned me at work today to relay the message that school called with the news that Ayv had pink eye. We had a weekend of gunky Ayla eyes that was definitely related to her cold and now we have to deal with Ayv's ONE irritated eye. It took me an eternity to get through to the pediatrician, so it didn't surprise me that they were more than willing to call in a prescription for us. Now I wait....to see if she has an improvement by morning. Otherwise, I'm home again, home again.

The best part of my day was the weather! I'm not sure if we were some of the fortunate few to experience 60 degrees, but the air felt warm. Even when my house at 67 barely feels warm, 60 outside definitely feels warm! I suggested to the kids that we get out for a walk. Ayla and I were the pedestrians of the bunch while Ayv & Ayden whizzed by on their bikes. It felt good to get some fresh air and soak up some sun. Ayla took in more than the rest of us, I think. The second half of our adventure was A LOT slower than the first half, but she still didn't want me to carry her (I offered). She's such a big girl! As soon as we entered the house and took a load off, she hopped up into my lap and in a near instant, sacked out. She's still sleeping.

Now, tomorrow looks to be a bit sketchy weatherwise. Possible rain/ice and snow? Really. As long as it clears out by Saturday, I'm fine. My plans to hang out with my girlfriends will not be disrupted!!! We're planning to visit Crazy Girl in Cedar Falls. I'm guessing we'll get a caffeine fix at a coffee shop along the way and find nourishment at a restaurant we don't frequent too often. Actually, I'm pretty sure that will happen.

I don't have any exciting pics from today, but I really like this one from CA. It's not my normal processing, but the car is what stands out to me (and should to you now). The guy sitting in the driver's seat is actually strumming a guitar. If only this car was on the beach...

No comments: